Responding to all inquiries and booking requests is important for the following reasons:
- It’s a factor in determining your listings position in the search results
- A potential customer is more likely to make an inquiry when your listing demonstrates that you are highly responsive
- It shows that you’re a responsible and attentive host who takes his Airbnb business serious
Your response rate should always be 100%.
To make sure you get a 100% response rate:
- Login to your Airbnb account
- Go to Dashboard => Inbox
- Select “Unread” and “Never responded” from the dropdown menu in the top right corner of the screen
- Respond to any messages that you haven’t responded to
In the future, always respond to all booking requests and messages. Here are two tips to help you achieve this:
- Go to Dashboard => Account => Notifications. Enable email and SMS notifications. This way you’ll receive an SMS and email when someone contacts you on Airbnb
- If you will be off the radar for a while, ask a friend to respond to messages on your behalf. This way you won’t miss any
Only messages received in the last three months will be accounted for when calculating the response rate, so if you start responding to all messages your rate should be at 100% soon.
To be sure that every inquiry and message will be responded to, you can use Guesty. It’s like having a personal Airbnb assistant. Guesty will respond to all messages for you within one hour, making sure your response is always 100%!
Special offer: Sign-up with Guesty now to get the first 14 days for FREE!
Next listing check item: Response Time