Most Airbnb operators would love to buy our own properties. But it’s challenging to get a traditional mortgage for a short-term rental and very few of us have high-net-worth investors in our networks.
So, where can we go for funding to grow our STR portfolio?
Derrick Barker is the CEO of Nectar, the marketplace for real estate cashflow. Derrick and his team allow experienced, professional STR operators to sell a portion of their future income to get capital now.
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Derrick joins me to discuss the factors Nectar uses to determine how much funding you’re eligible to receive.
He explains how Nectar investors buy into a STR cashflow pool to earn passive income and offers advice on the importance of investing in your Airbnb business.
Listen in for Derrick’s insight on the process of applying for funding through Nectar and learn how you might leverage Nectar capital to build a team, buy property or improve your existing units!
- Derrick’s background as an entrepreneur in the real estate space
- How Nectar allows STR hosts to sell a portion of their future income to get funding now
- Why it’s hard to get a traditional mortgage on a STR property
- What factors Nectar uses to determine the amount of funding you’re eligible to receive
- How STR operators use Nectar capital to build a team, buy property or improve existing units
- How Nectar investors buy into a STR cashflow pool to earn passive income
- The process of applying for funding through Nectar
- Why the trend toward longer-term stays in secondary markets is here to stay
- Why it’s crucial to invest in your short-term rental business
Connect with Derrick Barker
More Listings, Higher Profits Free Training
Get Paid for Your Pad Newsletter