Where'd you get most of your STR bookings this year? What challenges did you face in managing your business? Was there something that stood out that made things easier or something that you thought was a real pain?
As we're nearing the end of the year, it's a great time to take a moment and take stock of what worked and what didn't in your short-term rental business this year.
It's also wise to examine how your experience as a short-term rental host compares to others in the industry.
Today, I'm sitting down with David Jacoby, the President & Co-Founder, and Fred Bassili, the Marketing Manager of Hostfully, to dive into Hostfully's 2022 Vacation Rental Industry & Hospitality Report.
On this edition of Get Paid for Your Pad, David and Fred join me to discuss the biggest trends in the short term rental industry in 2022.
We discuss the challenges, and opportunities for STR hosts in 2022, including which types of properties are seeing an increase in revenue, and how hosts are increasing their income (without increasing their properties) and what the biggest pain points are across the board.
Listen in as David and Fred share the breakdown of the data from your STR competitors in 2022 and what hosts say they're planning for 2023.
- Which properties are seeing an increase in revenue (and which are not)
- Why the increase in the supply of STR properties is a good thing for your bottom line
- The biggest trends in STR portfolio growth
- Why new streams of revenue are essential for Airbnb operators in this climate
- How outside companies offering everything from locks to tours to furniture are making it easier for property hosts to upsell
- The number one pain point that STR hosts faced in 2022 (for the 3rd year in a row)
- What's gotten easier for property hosts in 2022
- Why has accounting become a more significant issue in 2022
- Where are most STR hosts got their booking from in 2022
- The new trend in listings and attracting long-term stays
- The most popular tools Airbnb hosts used to build their businesses in 2022
Connect with David and Fred
2022 Hospitality Industry Study – Hostfully
Uplevel the Experience for Your Guests with Minoan (Ep504)
Get Paid For Your Pad on YouTube
Get Paid for Your Pad Email List
Subscribe to GPFYP on Apple Podcasts