Imagine seeing your short-term rental on the big screen! Production companies rent properties all over the world and pay a premium to film in those spaces.
But you won’t find film crews on Airbnb. So, how do you tap into this opportunity?
Laura Wegner is Founder of The Suite Life Whistler, a STR company out of Vancouver, British Columbia. She is also a former professional actor and advocate for the film industry with expertise in hosting production crews in her short-term rentals.
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Laura joins me to explain how to list your property with the local film commission and share her standard operating procedure for vetting a production company.
Laura discusses how her daily rate for a film crew compares to what she charges on Airbnb and describes how a crew might change your space to accommodate the script.
Listen in for insight on designing your space to attract the interest of a location manager and learn how to leverage the film industry to fill your Airbnbs.
- How Laura’s experience as an actor inspired her interest in hosting
- The Hallmark series that recently filmed on Laura’s property in Whistler, BC
- How to list your property with the local film commission
- Laura’s SOP for vetting a production company that’s interested in her property
- How Laura’s daily rate for the film industry compares to what she charges on Airbnb
- Laura’s approach to negotiating price with a film’s location manager
- The most popular days of the week or seasons for shooting a movie and how long filming takes
- Why you may have to show your property several times before you get a booking
- How a crew might change your space to accommodate the script
- How to design a short-term rental space to attract the film industry
Connect with Laura