Are you thinking of hiring an operations manager to help scale your Airbnb business?
Before you start interviewing candidates, it’s important to know exactly what an ops manager does and carefully consider whether that’s the hire you need right now.
Aaron Whelan is the Chief Operating Officer here at Overnight Success. He has extensive operations management experience across several industries, primarily serving clients in the coaching, consulting and online education space before joining our team a year ago.
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Aaron joins me to discuss the responsibilities of an operations manager and describe the top three qualities to look for in a COO for your Airbnb business.
He explains how to decide what tasks you want to delegate and build a job scorecard for the roles, offering advice on when to build systems and how to train new hires on your short-term rental processes.
Listen in for Aaron’s insight around the most common challenges entrepreneurs face in achieving scale and find out what it takes to operate your Airbnb business like a machine!
- Aaron's experience as an Airbnb guest (including 4 years as a digital nomad)
- Aaron’s advice for STR hosts around listing photos, communication and welcoming touches
- The role of an operations manager in a vacation rental business
- How to decide what responsibilities you want to delegate and build a job scorecard for the role
- Why Aaron recommends hiring an experienced operations manager who knows every aspect of the STR business
- The top 3 qualities to look for in an operations manager for your Airbnb business
- Aaron’s insight on the most common challenges entrepreneurs face in scaling a business
- When an Airbnb host should start thinking about building systems
- Aaron’s experience working with Overnight Success and the company’s systems mindset
- How a clearly defined vision and customer avatar make decisions easier
- The open role for Digital Content Manager on the Overnight Success team