In the aftermath of the pandemic, a growing number of corporate workers are thinking about leaving their jobs to make room for what’s most important to them. And for those who already manage one or two units on Airbnb, building a short-term rental business seems like a natural fit.
But walking away from the certainty of a monthly paycheck is scary. Just ask Samantha, a Legends X student who is trying to decide if she should quit her job and go all-in on Airbnb.
So, what do you need to think about before you give your two-weeks' notice?
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Samantha joins me to explain what inspired her to consider leaving her corporate job and share her concerns around the uncertainty of being a full-time Airbnb entrepreneur.
I discuss the three mindset shifts I had to adopt to become a successful STR entrepreneur and answer Samantha’s questions about building a professional network and setting a clear vision for your Airbnb business.
Listen in to understand how daily affirmations can benefit aspiring short-term rental entrepreneurs and find out if it’s time for YOU to quit the rat race and go all-in on Airbnb!
What inspired Samantha to consider leaving her corporate job
- Time to pause and reflect during pandemic
- STR business = more time for family, travel
Why it’s challenging to leave a W-2 job for entrepreneurship
- Lose certainty of monthly paycheck
- Quitting feels like burning a bridge
3 mindset shifts you need to adopt to be an entrepreneur
- View obstacles as opportunities for growth
- Build thick skin re: feedback from network
- Don’t be afraid to fail
How to build a professional network as an Airbnb entrepreneur
- Attend short-term rental conferences, Meetups
- Invest in mentors and courses like Legends X
Why it’s better to quit your job vs. build a business on the side
- Business grows much faster when you’re all-in
- ‘Fight better when there’s no way to retreat’
The biggest mistakes short-term rental entrepreneurs make
- Jump on every opportunity vs. do one thing very well
- Clear vision gives confidence to say no to distractions
How daily affirmations benefit new and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Lower anxiety and facilitate important mindset shifts
- Recognize value, build belief that you’re on right path
Samantha’s top tips for aspiring short-term rental entrepreneurs
- Set vision for what you want business to be
- Systematize to get out of working IN business
Hostfully [Discount Code PAD]