This week Jasper interviews Rohan Gilkes, Co-founder innclusive.com.
Rohan started Innclusive after experiencing racial discrimination from an Airbnb host.
After his experience, Rohan gave Airbnb a couple of weeks to respond to his complaint, and when nothing was done, wrote an article entitled “I’m a black man. Here’s what happened when I booked an Airbnb”. The post went viral garnering over 400K views in 48 hours!
But Rohan didn’t stop there. He and his team recently launched innclusive.com which has systems and processes in place to guard against discrimination from hosts. Innclussive is currently accepting hosts and will start accepting guest's bookings in August of this year (2016)!
Some of the Topics covered:
- Rohan’s experience with racial discrimination on Airbnb
- Stories from others
- What Airbnb can and should do to fight discrimination.
- Respond to people that file complaints
- Look at data to identify potential discriminatory hosts
- The idea behind innclusive.com
- What makes innclusive different
- Photo and name of guest will be showed to the host post-confirmation
- Data tracking to identify potential discriminatory hosts
- Customer support via text chat