How do you scale a short-term rental business? The answer seems obvious, right? You simply take on more and more listings.
But adding listings willy-nilly is not sustainable. It turns you into a Hectic Host, and before long, you can't keep up with the demands of running a vacation rental business.
So, what makes a hospitality brand both sustainable and scalable? What do successful STR operators do to grow their businesses the right way?
On this edition of STR Conversations, Eric and I sit down to discuss the VOS system we teach in the Legends X program, describing where the framework came from and who it’s designed to serve.
We walk you through the three pillars of VOS (vision, operations and scale) and explain why developing a brand identity and guest avatar serves as the foundation of the system.
Listen in for insight on leveraging hands-on management to create extraordinary guest experiences and learn how the VOS system can help YOU scale a sustainable STR hosting business.
- How the pandemic inspired the development of the VOS system
- The 3 pillars of the VOS system—vision, operations and scale
- What type of host the VOS system is designed to support
- How implementing VOS helped Tim Mortimer grow from 40 to 100 listings
- Why it’s not a good idea to scale a STR business without a clear vision
- How having a vision for your STR business simplifies decision-making
- The elements of VOS Eric noticed at Retrograde Retreat
- The benefit of marketing your brand to a specific guest avatar
- How to leverage hands-on management in your Airbnb business