Hao Tran is a writer for Vietcetera.com, and an Airbnb Superhost living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Hao’s first experience with Airbnb was as a guest at the London Olympics in 2012. Hao loved it so much he decided to become a host himself back home in San Francisco CA. San Francisco is notorious for high rental rates and Hao rented out his single room while away on business trips to cover his rent!
Since then Hao has become a Superhost and he has some great advice on how you can create a better experience for your guests and generate more income doing it!
Some of the topics covered:
- Hao's first Airbnb experience
- How Hao got started renting his single-room in San Francisco using Airbnb
- Only rented out when he traveled for work
- How Hao’s supply/demand knowledge helped him determine pricing for his room and generate more revenue
- He found he could charge more on weekdays and cater to business travelers
- Bring in as much at $350 per night
- Hao’s article on living rent free with Airbnb: https://medium.com/travel-hacking/free-san-francisco-rent-with-airbnb-1f59d460b89d#.lvvfmr5jv
- Tips on negotiating with a potential landlord for permission to rent out space using Airbnb
- Tips for guest management and logistics
- Tips for becoming an Airbnb Superhost
- Always make sure the place is as clean as possible
- Create a great experience
- Hao’s plans for the future
Follow Hao Tran on Medium.com: