Sometimes when a customer goes to make a booking on Airbnb, the daily rate seems reasonable, but when they go to checkout, the price, including the fees, is almost double.
Or a guest arrives at their perfect rental only to discover a list of checkout instructions so long it feels like their stay has now become a working vacation.
Airbnb started as an affordable alternative to hotels, but with so many guests venting on social media about the above concerns it looked like they were drifting away from that concept.
This didn't go unnoticed by Brian Chesky. He took to Twitter last week to announce new changes to the Airbnb platform in December for more transparency and accessibility in these more challenging economic times.
On this edition of STR Conversations, I'm breaking down the 4 new changes coming to the platform based on Brian Chesky's Twitter announcement and what hosts need to know to remain seen and stay competitive when these changes roll out next month.
Listen in as I walk you through how you can preview how your listing will look in December. I'll share my advice on pricing your cleaning fees based on the update and some tools you can use to position your listing for success. Plus, the most important thing to do with your listings when this update rolls out in December.
- The trick to seeing how your listing will look in December NOW
- How the change in the algorithm will create more transparency for customers using the Airbnb platform
- What's reasonable as far as checkout instructions for your guests
- Comparing pricing tools like Beyond or Wheelhouse to the Airbnb smart pricing tool.
- How should you set your cleaning fee based on the update
- How to track the position of your listing in the search results
- Why you should use a tool like Rankbreeze to track your ranking in the Airbnb search results
- Predictions for what might be included in the 2022 Winter Update to be released on Wednesday, November 16, 8:00 am Eastern time
- The most important update and how it affects the position of your listing in the search results
- The #1 thing to do with your listings when these changes roll out in December
Get Paid For Your Pad on YouTube
Get Paid for Your Pad Email List
Subscribe to GPFYP on Apple Podcasts