- We’re not selling a space, we’re selling an experience
- The size, #rooms, and location don’t drive the price as much as with LTRs and real estate prices
- Two completely similar units can make very different amounts of money
- Google “most popular Airbnbs,” they are all unique experiences.
- Before you start an Airbnb, figure out what the experience is that you’re going to provide and the avatar that you’re going to target
- A traveler who stays 3 nights just wants to have a stressfree, comfortable experience. Communication, amenities, and providing the right information.
2. It’s a lot of work, but you can take yourself out of the business for 95%
- There is so much you can automate (Messaging, pricing, task management, self-checkins) Go to https://getpaidforyourpad.com/airbnb-tools/ to find the best ones.
- The power of a VA (one of our Legends Rebecca runs 100+ units and only spends a few hours a week working in her business
3. You can drive a lot of bookings through your own marketing channels
- Collecting emails
- Social media
- Direct booking website
- It’s a long-term investment, but you’re building an asset
- No dependence on Airbnb and other platforms
Must Listen episodes
Combination of Most Downloads & my personal favorites:
Ep263: How to use Social Media to Market your Airbnb
Ep260: How to Rank Higher and Drive More Bookings
Ep024: With Chip Conley
Ep034: How an Airbnb experience can create a bond between people
Ep047: How Airbnb empowered this host to keep his home from being foreclosed