As short-term rental hosts, we don’t expect bad things to happen at our Airbnbs.
Jennifer Lawyer didn’t either. But just 30 days after she’d purchased a hotel in the Ozarks, disaster struck, threatening the health and safety of her guests.
What can you do to prevent something similar from happening at your STR properties?
Jennifer is Cofounder of SoulSTR, a short-term rental management company that with a portfolio of hotels, motels and log cabins with close to 140 doors.
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Jennifer joins me to discuss the serious carbon monoxide leak that hit her hotel and explain why you can’t trust a generic inspection to identify all safety risks.
Jennifer describes the trauma she and her guests experienced from having their health threatened and challenges us to be proactive BEFORE disaster strikes our Airbnbs.
Listen in for Jennifer’s insight on building a network of support in the STR community and learn what steps to take to keep your properties safe and protect your Airbnb guests!
- Why Jennifer walked away from a career in education for short-term rentals
- How Jennifer grew from managing one log cabin to nearly 140 doors
- The serious carbon monoxide leak that struck Jennifer’s hotel in the Ozarks
- The trauma Jennifer and her guests experienced from having their health threatened
- Why you can’t trust a generic inspection to identify all safety risks
- What steps you can take to prevent a carbon monoxide leak at your Airbnb
- The regular safety protocols Jennifer implemented across her STR portfolio
- Getting feedback around safety from the staff who helps maintain and clean the property
- What it looks like to be proactive BEFORE disaster strikes your Airbnbs
- The strong relationships that helped Jennifer recover from the trauma of the experience
- What Jennifer is doing to care for the brand for her management company
- Jennifer’s goal to manage all 140 units with the same level of customer care
Connect with Jennifer Lawyer