The pandemic initiated a boom in the staycation market, creating an influx of new Airbnb users and a demand for contactless check-ins. So, how do we communicate clearly with our guests when they’re new to the platform and we can’t meet them in person?
What can short-term rental hosts do to up our game when it comes to guest communication?
Andy McNulty is the Cofounder and CEO of Touch Stay, a software service enabling Airbnb hosts to create digital guidebooks for their guests. Touch Stay had its best year to date in 2021, growing to serve 17,500 STR properties.
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Andy joins me to share his top Airbnb guest communication tips for 2022, exploring how the younger generation consumes information and what that means for short-term rental hosts.
We explain why it’s crucial to communicate in a way that’s comprehensive, visually appealing and easy to digest, challenging you to offer guests both text and video options.
Listen in for insight on building a one-on-one connection with STR guests and learn when to send travelers your digital guidebook and how to communicate its importance.
- How the pandemic affected the STR industry in general and Touch Stay specifically
- What the influx of new Airbnb users and the demand for contactless check-ins means for guest communication
- Why it’s important to communicate what’s unique about staying with you
- The advantage STR hosts have in terms of building a one-on-one connection with guests
- How the younger generation consumes information (and what that means for STR hosts)
- Why it’s crucial to communicate in a way that’s comprehensive, visually appealing and easy to digest
- How communicating in a succinct way appeals to guests of all ages
- Why Andy recommends giving your guests video and text options
- When to send guests your digital guidebook and how to communicate its importance
- How to improve guest communication by putting yourself in the shoes of your guest avatar
Connect with Andy McNulty
Touch Stay [Discount Code GPFYP10]
Hostfully [Discount Code PAD]